onsdag 23. februar 2011

ALL ABOUT MY NEW YORK

First, I want to mention that the decision to make this blog is fully and entirely not my own, but a decision made by some person at the school I'm attending at the moment. This is an assignment all general English students have to do as a part of the curriculum. Well, I can't really say that I embrace the idea, but I'm going to participate and do my best.

The name of the assignment is what you see as the entry name just above my little outburst of what I feel about forced publicized material. This entry will mainly be about New York and my feelings towards moving here, living here and experience what so many have experienced before me, so I guess the title "All About My New York" is pretty accurate right now, since I'm going home in less than three weeks.

New York, New York....The far-away dream....
Approximately six months ago I packed my bags and headed for the land of promises, land of opportunities - the place where every dream could come true. Little did I know that six months later I would be reluctant to packing my bags and go back home. The time has passed by as a rolling-through thunderstorm on a warm and misty summer night.

I remember how excited I was, squeezing my face into the window in the airplane, looking down at all the lights that covers New York, when the seatbelt signs for landing popped up I realized that my lifelong dream had become true. I knew that in just about matter of hours I was living the story of my own dream, and I was the only creator of it and the only one who could shape the future of that dream.

There are so many possibilities to go from nothing to everything here in America if you really want to achieve something, like in the song "If you can make it here, you can make it anywhere."

Nerves, excitement and totally not as expected....
The impressions I had from high up in the air and in the transfer from the airport of my American dream was quickly replaced by a feeling of loneliness and awkwardness. Well, it was nice to finally be at the place I was going to call home for the next six months, but what could I call home when I didn't even have a room. I got a rough start on my "new life," but it all changed quickly when I started to meet new people and get to know the way around campus. Going from excited to bummed, from bummed to fun during a two days duration was exhausting, but also a very educational experience.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar